Sunday, June 24, 2012

intenSati with Triccia is BACK!

Everyday
In a very true way
I co-create my reality

As above
So is below
This is what I know

The above is the standard affirmation for the warm up in every intenSati class.  I love what these words stand for!  And I love how I feel when I say them out loud.  It is quite empowering!  Whether in an intenSati class or life in general, saying these words out loud is a perfect reminder that we are responsible for the quality of our experiences.  It is a reminder that we are the ones causing our lives to be.  intenSati is such a powerful practice because it is about bringing awareness to the synergy that is caused when you employ your mind, attitude, and actions to all line up and match your intentions. 

So it is with great excitement that I share this with you!  After taking a year off from teaching, I taught my first class to a room of willing participants at the Crate&Barrel Corporate Headquarters in Chicago this past Wednesday. It felt great to share the practice with more people who had never experienced it before, and even better to do something I hadn't done in a while with a supportive collective.

In the days leading up to it, many people who signed up to take the class did not know what to expect.  Naturally some were nervous, and some were excited. I was feeling a little bit of both! The night before the class, I barely slept as I was going over the series over and over in my head visualizing the class and imagining smooth transitions from move to move, timed perfectly with the music changes. I silently repeated to myself the words, "I AM endless source of energy, I AM joyous determination, I AM radiant light." I imagined myself teaching every move at 3 different levels of intensities. I imagined myself providing the right amount of challenge for those who wanted it, and taking care of those who needed more support and guidance. Either way I saw a heart pumping, exhilarating, fun class that inspired all to reach within and do more than they initially believed they could. I played these images in my head again and again until I drifted off to sleep.

The next day I awoke before my alarm went off at 5:25am and immediately brought back into my mind my intentions for that morning's class. The last time I taught at 6:30am was almost a year and a half ago, yet gone was the nervous feeling or worry of any sort. I felt great, I felt ready, I was good to go!  I AM UNSTOPPABLE!

The class was just what I had imagined! Everyone said the affirmations out loud, there was a fun spirit from beginning to end, and true appreciation was felt for the beauty of finding comfort within the discomfort. It was apparent that there was such a willingness by everyone in the room to play, have fun, and enjoy!  I am so glad that I didn't let the fact that I hadn't taught in over a year, stop me from teaching this class!  It felt like the right thing to do, and my heart was fully in it!  I tapped into my mind and used it as my source of POWER and sure enough, my actions naturally followed!  I will not post them here, but the emails I got after the class all reflect that it was a SUCCESS! 

Yes, that saying is so true that "life begins at the edge of your comfort zone!"  When was the last time you did something that seemed crazy?  When was the last time you did something that scared you sh*tless?  When was the last time you did something new?  When was the last time you met a CHALLENGE head on with FOCUS and DETERMINATION?  There is nothing better than turning fear into LOVE!  Every time you achieve this, you build muscle to be comfortable with being uncomfortable! Every time I am in unfamiliar territory, I  use one of my favorite intenSati affirmations, "What used to be hard, has now become easy!"  Remember these words as you face both expected and unexpected roadblocks!  Keep in mind that they are all temporary conditions that will change.  The best thing you can do is keep your head up so as not to miss any good that comes out of it!

I loved teaching that class! I loved all of those people! And I realized how much I miss teaching intenSati! So, with that said, I am back! Stay tuned for "intenSati with Triccia" classes coming your way!

No comments:

Post a Comment