Monday, October 1, 2012

Love Pounds+Life's Passions = Life's Work

Me and Insanity trainer, Shaun T
The other day I ran into Shaun T, and I felt that uninhibited girly, giddy, oh so corny feeling you get when you have a surprise encounter with a celebrity or an influential figure in your life.  In January of this year, I jump-started my fitness routine (after taking what I will call a love hiatus-ill explain this later) with the Beachbody fitness program, Insanity. You've probably seen the infomercials. As an avid gym goer, and crazy cardio chic, I wanted something that was going to kick my @*$ and snap me out of my fitness funk.  My sister-in-law, Tara, said that this was it.  I remember that first week of doing the workout, thinking and saying out loud every profane word I could think of.  Mostly, I thought it was truly insane, and impossible to do these moves as fast and as accurate as Shaun T and the others in the video were demonstrating.  Still, I forged on and did my best. Day after day, week after week I got better.  And better.  By the second month, it was back to square one with newer, harder, fiercer, kick-ass combos and longer routines. But this time I knew I could, and I knew I would.  I would say out loud, "What used to be hard, has now become easier," before, during, and after my workouts.

There was one specific day I remember clearly.  I was following along with the video and doing the oblique-push-ups.  I was ready to give up.  I just couldn't anymore, I thought.  Then I looked down on the floor, and saw my shadow staring back up at me. I watched her go up and down, one more push up after another.  I thought, wow she's strong!  She's an athlete.  She's determined.  She is in it to win it!  She is never giving up!!!  Before I knew it, I finished the drill fully.  I felt elated, exhilarated, electric!  I finished 60 days of Insanity and haven't stopped since.  I've completed 90 days of Les Mills PUMP, all 21 days of the Ultimate Reset, and I'm currently on day 56 of TurboFire.  I have been drinking Shakeology daily, eating lots more veggies and fruit, and drinking 3L of water a day. Since Jan I've lost 17 lbs.  After years of trying and not succeeding, I am now finally at my ideal weight.  And it is easy.

Me and Sean
So back to the Love hiatus-as you may have read in my previous posts, I met the love of my life early last year and fell deeply in-love.  So naturally, I wanted to spend every waking moment with him, and so I did.  With more and more time spent together, I took a fitness hiatus, and wasn't working out as much as I normally would have.   In addition, we were enjoying each other, having fun, ice cream, steak, wine, and cheeseburgers.  I just had no cares as to what I was putting in my body.  It was all good!  Have you ever been so happy that you let yourself go?  Ever hear of the "love pounds." Yup!  I gained them.  But, it was all good.

Until one day I realized my energy was low, I was sluggish a lot, and I no longer fit in my clothes.  In fact, right after Xmas last year I had to buy bigger pants. Not one size bigger, but 2!  Yikes!  I did not feel good about this, and knew I had to do something. I was determined to prove to myself, and others that feeling good and living in love has no limits.  Whether or not you've uncovered yours, everyone has limiting beliefs and it's important to be aware of them to achieve sustainable happiness.  I knew I was facing one of my limiting beliefs, and so I wanted to demonstrate that I need not create a reality that would limit the bliss I was experiencing with Sean by putting on weight,  feeling unattractive, and having no energy to enjoy our time together.  I knew this was simply a situation only I could change. 

I decided I was done with my weight struggles, and wanted my blood pressure to normalize without having to take medication.   I was finally done complaining and got into action.  In January of this year, I became a Team Beachbody Coach to not only hold myself accountable, but to also help others get healthier too!  After all, the way to create more of something in your life is to find a way to use your passions to give that very thing back to others.  Yes, I experience true joy and satisfaction knowing that I've made a difference in someone's life by helping them achieve their health and wellness goals.  So much so, that I decided to take it a step further.  Last month I enrolled at The Institute for Integrative Nutrition and I am studying to become a Certified Health Coach.  I am so thrilled that I finally did this after first thinking about doing it, back in 2008.   Also, I am back to teaching intenSati classes, and last month got certified to teach Turbo Kick classes.

Ever hear of that saying, "setbacks are set-ups for come-backs"?  Thanks to the love pounds gained in 2011, I've discovered how to turn my life's true passions into my life's work, and as a result 2012 is wrapping up to be a powerful, significant, turning point in my so called, Life!

If you would like to join me on this journey to experience limitless health, wealth, and happiness don't hesitate to reach out!  And if you know someone who you think could benefit from reading this post, please go ahead and send it on!


No comments:

Post a Comment