Sunday, January 17, 2010

Allow myself to chill and just be...

Slept in today after a nice evening out last night with the girls. Woke up this morning and was feeling inspired. Started reading pages from an activity book called, The Artist's Way. My entries were dated Sept-Dec 1997. Remembered how much I discovered about myself at that time when I committed to engaging in self-introspection. After 13 years, I am feeling great that I am back on the spiritual path that I started many years ago. What a gift to have had that time. What a gift to have held on to that book. What a gift that I picked it up today after such a long time. What a gift!

I wrote a letter of appreciation to the person who hurt me the most and thanked him for all the beautiful lessons I learned as a result of the heartache I experienced from our 16 year journey together. Then I forgave him. And I released him.

Then, I created a list of character traits I would want in my next roommate. I have a beautiful space to share and I want to create an opportunity for me to earn extra income.

Then, I created a list of the things I wish for as far as my ideal match. This time I did not censor myself. No guilt. Just fun, playful wishes any person can have about their perfect partner. Except this is specific to me and my ideal match. I will know him when I find him. And he will know me.

Then, I had an eye opening liberating call with my nutritionist who reminded me that I don't have to be on the move all of the time. That in order to create Balance, I must allow myself to chill and just be...And feel great about it! She reminded me not to feel guilty on days that I don't "do" much. She reminded me that sitting still, writing in my journal, meditating is just as important as doing all the physical activities that I engage in the rest of the week.

So one day at a time, this year is mine...

No comments:

Post a Comment