Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My intenSati FIRSTS

July so far has been full of new experiences for me.  I vowed at the beginning of the month to do many things that would make me feel uncomfortable while enjoying myself during the process.  I wanted to have to be alert, aware, and present.  No auto-pilot here.  So every single week for the past 4 weeks I did at least one thing out of the ordinary.  Here's a list of some of my "intenSati Firsts."

1. Led intenSati at Lululemon Athletica in Houston, TX.  It was my first time leading in Lululemon and that particular store's first experience with intenSati.  Only 1 out of 25 people that were there had taken the class before so there were lots of Firsts!  Also, my parents and other family members came to watch and it was their First time seeing what this was about, my First time doing it in front of them.  I was nervous in the beginning, but the more I smiled the better I felt.  My mom did a great job videotaping parts of the class which I've posted on my intenSati with Triccia group page on Facebook.  Make sure you check it out!
2. A few days after that I subbed an intenSati class at Powerhouse Gym in Bridgewater, NJ for the beautiful and amazing Tiffany Knight.  Check out her blog http://www.evolve-ing.com/ There were over 30 people and it was so exhilarating and I loved every minute of it!  It was my First time in a gym environment and I now know in my heart that I want to lead intenSati classes at health clubs.  And so I will!  Watch out world, here I come!!  The options are endless and it is so exciting! 
3.  A few days after, I led a class during a Lululemon trunk show at Core, Mind, and Body  a Pilates studio in Maplewood, NJ.  I did have some students who lived in the area and so it was comforting to see their familiar faces, and it was equally thrilling to meet those who were going to be taking the class for the First time.  Throughout the class there was that essence of discovery.  There were many moments during the class when different people would have that look on their face of "wow, this is great! I feel great! I am strong!  I am Unstoppable!" There were breakthroughs!  It was beautiful!
4. Tonight I led a class for the You Can Thrive organization, a non-profit integrative wellness group helping breast cancer survivors reduce symptoms and gain survivorship tools.  It was my First time leading a class where I had to modify each move.  After rehearsing it in my head, in was actually easier than I thought.  It was amazing to witness these women claiming their power, sticking to it, being survivors and proving that they were unstoppable!    I am so inspired and honored to be a part of this.  They kept thanking me at the end of class, but in reality I cannot thank them enough....These classes will continue through the month of August.  Class is FREE for cancer patients, survivors, caretakers and YCT volunteers.  The class is open to the public for a $10 donation towards the YCT organization.  What a great way to support a worthy cause.  Join me on Tuesdays 5:30-6:30pm at the Sandra Cameron Dance Center at 199 Lafayette St in Soho.

What a month it's been so far!  And I feel as though I am just getting warmed up!  This is just the beginning and I am certain that the more I go to the edge of my comfort zone, the more I grow, the stronger I get.  And with each new endeavor, my courage and confidence in myself and my life grows.  And so does my appreciation of my life and of others.  As a result, my classes are growing thanks to you and your enthusiasm.  Please keep telling your friends and your family about this amazing practice.  Share it with them.  Remember class is $10 and FREE for you if you bring a friend who will be taking intenSati for the FIRST time!

There's no better time than the present to do something for the First time!  If not now, when?

This week is the last week of the UNSTOPPABLE series!  Join me Wednesdays and Thursdays at 520 Ripley Grier Studios 6-7PM. 

If you are not in the NYC area, join I Love IntenSati on Facebook for information on classes and special events in your area.  Also check out the schedule on Satilife.com

No comments:

Post a Comment