Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I challenge myself to reach for something better!

As part of my Sati Leader training curriculum, I am reading the book The Astonishing Power of Emotions: Let Your Feelings Be Your Guide by Abraham Hicks.  The title already explains a lot, but I highly recommend this book if you want to feel better about your life, your body, your relationships, your career, your home, anything!  Just this past week there have been several people in my life, friends, co-workers, and family who have asked me these questions:
"How did you do it?" 
"What did you do?" 
"How can I get there?"
And my response is always the same.  "Just choose a better feeling thought."  I first heard those words in an intensati class and it took quite a few more times of hearing it for the true meaning to sink in.  It's not just the thoughts that we think, but the feelings/emotions we have with the thought that really creates the change within us.  I think most people would agree that we are action driven beings and we are so used to taking action when we want to improve something.  And with the power of positive thinking, more and more people have figured out that the thoughts we think about ourselves really do matter as well.  But not many have figured out that so much of our success depends on how we FEEL.  And that feeling good, feeling happy will produce more of the same.  And feeling the opposite of good and happy, will also produce more of the same. 

In intenSati we practice choosing our thoughts, choosing our attitude, choosing our actions that allow us to deliberately co-create or manifest our best intentions.  All three have to be in alignment.  So while keeping this in mind, do you challenge yourself to reach for something better?  No worries, no regrets do you feel better?

To get better and better at feeling better, join me for intenSati with Triccia every Wednesdays and Thursdays at 6pm at Ripley Grier Studios on 520 8th Ave bet 36th and 37th Streets.  Class is $10.  Bring a friend and you take it for FREE!

On Sunday, June 20th 4-6pm join Patricia at PureYoga for a YogaSati and Meditation Workshop

2 comments:

  1. awesome. i love this explanation. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Can't wait to hear how leader training went! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete